5 Anderson .Paak songs to know

Am I Wrong

This song is one of Anderson .Paak’s most popular on iTunes and YouTube, as well as on Soundcloud where it has over 1.08 million listens. This song had a funky beat and is smoothed over by .Paak’s chill, layered voice.

The Season

Accompanied by a static-y background and haunting high notes, “The Season” has a rhythm that leads to head-bobbing and foot-tapping. With more than 725 thousand plays on Soundcloud, this song draws in listeners with lyrics like, “If I didn’t love you then I damn sure love you now.”

Room in Here

Although the song opens with an old news anchor voice and a gentle piano melody, .Paak’s steady drum beat and knowing vocals quickly kick in to make a song perfect for just hanging around. Fans seem to agree, as it has more than 719 thousand Soundcloud listens.

The Bird

Slow, smooth and filled with light trumpet and piano melodies, “The Bird” is a gentle R&B jam dripping with .Paak’s soft voice. With 163 thousand plays on Soundcloud, notable lyrics include, “A bird with the word came to me. The sweetness of a honeycomb tree. And now I look what’s taking over me. Couldn’t fake it if I wanted to.”

Come Down

One of his most popular on iTunes and with over 586 thousand plays on Soundcloud, “Come Down” has a quicker, slightly agitated tempo accompanied by .Paak’s almost Kendrick Lamar-esque lyrics. The sassiness of this song is a modern take on the classic R&B style.