Former Syracuse football safety Naesean Howard re-enrolled at SU and reportedly wants to play football

Former Syracuse safety Naesean Howard is listed in the Syracuse University student directory, signifying that he is re-enrolled at SU after leaving the football program and the university in 2014. According to syracuse.com, Howard has approached head coach Dino Babers about playing on the team again.

Howard emailed syracuse.com and said that after approaching Babers in a parking lot near the football building, he was told to discuss the matter with Director of Athletics Mark Coyle. According to the report, he is still waiting on word from SU whether he’ll be able to join the team for spring practice.

Howard was the first commit in Syracuse’s Class of 2014 but never stepped on the field.

He was suspended during 2014 fall camp for a violation of team curfew and didn’t make the team’s annual preseason trip to Fort Drum.

“I suspended Naes for the trip indefinitely,” former SU head coach Scott Shafer said at the time, “with the goal being that when we get back on campus I’ll bring him in, sit him down, see if he learned his lesson for breaking training rules.”

Howard was reinstated, but parted ways with Syracuse shortly after rejoining. He signed with Wagner, but never played for them either.