Schools and Colleges

Here’s when town hall meetings will be held for the Maxwell dean search

The search committee is looking for someone to replace current Dean James Steinberg, who will step down at the end of the 2015-16 academic year.

The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs dean search committee will hold a series of town hall meetings Thursday and Friday with Maxwell faculty, staff, students and other members of the Syracuse University community.

The meetings, which will encourage input from “all members of the campus community,” will be held in the Dr. Paul & Natalie Strasser Legacy Room in Eggers Hall, according to a press release. The search committee is looking for someone to replace current Dean James Steinberg, who will step down at the end of the 2015-16 academic year.

David Van Slyke, associate dean and chair of the Department of Public Administration and International Affairs, is leading the search committee.

Meetings for Maxwell graduate and undergraduate students will be held at noon on Thursday and Friday, according to the release. Meetings for Maxwell faculty will be held at 2 p.m. on Thursday and 10:30 a.m. on Friday. Meetings for Maxwell staff will be held at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday and 9 a.m. on Friday. A meeting for the rest of SU community members will be held on Friday at 2 p.m.
All meetings will last one hour, according to the release.