Week in Sports

Week in Sports: Men’s soccer wins ACC, basketball returns, field hockey to final four and more

Courtesy of Marcus Snowden

Syracuse became the lowest seed ever to win an Atlantic Coast Conference championship on Sunday.

Men’s soccer win the ACC championship

Read how Syracuse scored in a 1-0 victory over Notre Dame, which led to SU capturing the Atlantic Coast Conference crown.

You can follow The Daily Orange’s continuing coverage of the team here.

Back to Basketball

Before the season started Friday, The Daily Orange released its 2015 basketball guide, profiling a big man’s return from injury, the new SU point guard, a refined now-backup point guard and a reserved big man expanding his game. From’s the woman’s team, the guide included a player returning from two ACL surgeries in two years and the woman who will keep shooting 3s despite a disappointing 2014-15.

You can follow all of The Daily Orange’s men’s basketball coverage here, and the women’s basketball coverage here.

You can also read the full basketball guide, Back to Basketball.

Field hockey advances to the final four

With a Liz Sack-fueled 5-0 victory over Princeton Sunday, Syracuse field hockey made travel plans to drive the 501.5 miles from J.S. Coyne Stadium to the final four in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Laura Hurff and Lies Lagerweij led the defense in Sunday’s win.

Follow all of The Daily Orange’s coverage of the SU field hockey team here.

Football competes with No. 1 Clemson

For just a moment on Saturday, college football mattered in Syracuse, football beat writer Sam Blum wrote. That’s because Syracuse (3-7) took the nation’s No. 1 squad, Clemson, into the fourth quarter down by just a touchdown. But in the end, the team couldn’t capitalize. Also, running back George Morris  made the most of his opportunities in the game.

Read all of The Daily Orange’s coverage of the game here.