Crime

Records show Sadler Dining Hall cook blackmailed ex-girlfriend with oral sex video

Courtesy of SU Photo and Imaging Center

A Sadler Dining Hall cook was arrested last week on three charges. The crimes were not committed at SU, the employee was just arrested at his job.

The Sadler Hall Dining cook who was arrested last week blackmailed his ex-girlfriend with a video of her giving him oral sex, court records show.

Patrick E. Martin Jr., 32, of Syracuse, was arrested Thursday at about 12:45 p.m. at Sadler Hall on the charges of coercion, unlawful surveillance and harassment, according to a Syracuse Police Department bulletin. Martin is still listed in the Syracuse University Directory as a “Second Cook.” The woman involved is not affiliated with the university.

The only connection between SU and the case is Martin was arrested at his job at Sadler Hall, an SU spokesman said.

According to a statement from Martin’s ex-girlfriend, Martin created a new profile on dating website “Meet Me.” Martin told the ex-girlfriend that if she didn’t go to his house, he would send the video of her performing oral sex on Martin to her Facebook friends and post it on the Internet, the statement says.

The ex-girlfriend was not aware Martin had taken the video, according to the statement, and she blocked him on the site.

After the ex-girlfriend blocked Martin, he texted her, telling her that she needed to come to his house or Martin would release the video, the statement says.

Some of the texts Martin sent his ex-girlfriend, according to the statement:

• “Want to see how famous you can get within one night”
  • “Ehh you f*cked me. I tried being nice .. even told you sh*t ain’t gonna go down how you think it is …. You was even warned”
  • “Why you push me this far is unfortunate .. Cause it don’t have to be like so … We could’ve keep having cool chill nights .. But you want to play this enemy role with me so .. Why don’t we .. And see who wins”

The offenses were committed on Oct. 19, according to court records. Unlawful surveillance in the second degree is a felony.

An email to Martin’s SU email address Sunday night went unreturned.