Volleyball

Nicolette Serratore leads Syracuse to sweep of Boston College

After a 3-1 victory in their first meeting against Boston College (9-10, 1-6 ACC) this season, Syracuse (14-4, 5-2 ACC) returned to Massachusetts looking for a sweep of the series.

The Orange lead the Eagles in every statistic in its 3-0 win Wednesday night, posting a nearly 20-point advantage in their victory over the three sets against Boston College.

Senior Nicolette Serratore led the way for the Orange with 13 kills, followed closely by seniors Monika Salkute and Silvi Uattra with nine each.

After combining for 30 kills just two weeks ago, the BC trio of Anna Skold, Katty Workman, and Julia Topor mustered only 14 kills. The Eagles’ hitting percentage never rose above .300 in the three-set match.

The Syracuse back line held firm against the Eagle hitters, with 12 digs from Salkute and 10 from Serratore. Senior Gosia Wlaszczuk added 38 assists for the Orange.

The Eagles played the Orange closer in the first set than any of the other ones. The two sides were locked at 21-20 late in the set, but a late rally from the Orange put the set away, 25-21.

Syracuse took the next two sets by a combined margin of 50-31.

After winning only two ACC games last season, this win marks the fifth for the Orange this season.

The Orange will be at home Sunday, facing on the University of Virginia at 1:00 p.m. at the Women’s Building.