University Union

Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer of ‘Broad City’ to perform Oct. 24

Courtesy of University Union

University Union announced Friday night that Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer of Broad City are performing at Goldstein Auditorium Oct. 24.

The second comedy show of the fall semester will feature Comedy Central stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer, best-known for their show “Broad City,” University Union announced Tuesday night on Twitter.

Recognized for their clever banter and bold personalities, the duo will perform at Goldstein Auditorium on Oct. 24 at 8 p.m. Tickets will be available for $5 with a valid SU/ESF ID at the Schine Box Office starting Wednesday at 11 a.m.

The stars and co-creators of Comedy Central’s hit show “Broad City” met while taking improv classes. “Broad City,” now entering its third season, was nominated for a Critic’s Choice Award for Best Comedy Series and Glazer was nominated for Best Actress in a comedy series this past year. Coming up, Glazer will also be starring in Jonathan Levine’s movie XMAS starring Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon Levitt. Currently, Jacobson and Glazer are developing a film for Fox produced Paul Feig — the duo is writing the script but not starring in it, and other details are still under wraps.

The show, co-presented by Syracuse University’s Traditions Commission, will be preceded by the crowning of this year’s homecoming king and queen. Returning alumni can purchase tickets online for $15. There’s a maximum of two tickets sold per person.