Bandersnatch Concert Series

6 things to know about Bandersnatch performers Raury and Demo Taped

Courtesy of University Union

Raury, a 19 year old artist from Georgia, will headline the second Bandersnatch concert of the semester. Demo Taped will open the show on Nov. 4.

Hip-hop folk artist Raury will headline the second Bandersnatch Concert of the fall semester Nov. 4 at the Schine Underground, per a University Union press release. Hip-hop artist Demo Taped will open for the 19-year-old performer.

The doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and music will start at 8 p.m. Tickets will be available for $5 with a valid SU/ESF ID at the Schine Box Office starting Thursday at 11 a.m. Here are six things to know about the two performers.

1.  Raury’s 18th birthday party was a music festival

Raury grew up in Stone Mountain, Georgia, but for his 18th birthday, he drove the 30 minutes to neighboring big city Atlanta to throw the first Raurfest. The free-spirited singer, rapper, guitarist, songwriter and producer performed his alternative folk, rap and electronic music mix to about 500 people.

2. He’s as old as you (probably)

At 19, Raury, whose real name is Raury Alexander Tullis, is the same age as some of the students that will most likely attend his concert. Instead of sitting through classes and cramming for midterms, though, Raury’s been making headway in the music scene. In the past year alone he was featured in XXL Magazine’s freshman class, which highlights the top in the upcoming hip-hop scene. Alumni include the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Lupe Fiasco, B.o.B,  J. Cole and many more.

Devil’s Whisper

A photo posted by raury (@raury) on

3. He released his first album last week

In 2014, Raury released “Indigo Child,” his first digital-download mixtape. This was just a sample of what to expect from his 2015 debut album “All We Need” which was released on Oct. 16 through Columbia Records. With 14 tracks on the album, Raury features the likes of other upcoming talents like Big K.R.I.T., Keyl, Tom Morello and Adia.

4. He’s hit the million mark

Raury’s most listened-to song on YouTube is God’s Whisper, which he released on his mixtape “Indigo Child” last year. As of Wednesday night, the song had 1,723,879 views. Check it out:

5. Demo Taped is also from Georgia

The 17 year old opening artist, whose real name is Adam Alexender, grew up not too far from Raury. Through his music, Demo Taped strives to spread loves and good vibes, according to his Facebook page.

6. He’s been around for less than a year

With five tracks on his SoundCloud and a little over 4,000 followers, Demo Taped released his first track eight months ago. His Facebook page has been around since late January and has about 1,686 likes as of Wednesday night.