University Union

3 things to know about ‘Broad City’s’ Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer

University Union announced Comedy Central’s “Broad City”stars Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer as the second comedy show of the semester Tuesday night. Known for their clever banter and bold personalities, the duo will perform at Goldstein Auditorium on Oct. 24 at 8 p.m.

Tickets will be available for $5 with a valid SU/ESF ID at the Schine Box Office starting Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Never heard of Jacobson and Glazer before? Here’s three things you need to know:

1. What’s “Broad City?”

“Broad City” is a show on Comedy Central that first aired onJan, 22, 2014. Currently filming its third season, the show follows the lives of Ilana Wexler and Abbi Abrams, played by Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson, respectfully. This focuses on their lives as 20-something Jewish women trying to make it in New York City.

The show and Glazer were even nominated for Critic’s Choice Awards this year, for Best Actress in a comedy series and Best Comedy series, respectfully.

2. It all started on YouTube 

Glazer and Jacobson met while taking an improv class at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in New York City. They began writing and producing sketches for their YouTube channel, Broad City, in 2009.

Their most viewed video on their YouTube channel  features Amy Poehler and Kristen Schaal and follows Glazer and Jacobson as they race through New York City. Check it out:

3. Jacobson and Glazer are also currently developing a film with Paul Feig

You may know director, author and actor Paul Feig for several different reasons: He’s produced “Bridesmaids,” “Sabrina, The Teenage Witch,” (the show) and the one-season-wonder of the ’90s “Freak and Geeks.”

This year, Feig’s been given the opportunity to draft a new paragraph for his resume with the recent announcement that he’s helping to develop Jacobson and Glazer’s first film. The “Broad City” gals are currently not set to star in the movie, but are working on the writing side instead.