National

Dunkin’ Donuts considers implementing delivery service

Chase Guttman | Assistant Photo Editor

It is unknown if the South Crouse Avenue Dunkin' Donuts will participate in mobile ordering for deliveries and pick-up.

Dunkin’ Donuts might start delivering.

By next year, the restaurant hopes to implement mobile ordering for deliveries and pick-up, according to a Sept. 18 ABC News article.

Scott Hudler, vice president of global consumer engagement for Dunkin’ brands, said in the ABC News article the company, along with its competitors, including Starbucks and Chipotle, is “always looking for new ways to…make sure our products are more accessible and convenient for our guests.”

The Dunkin’ Donuts on South Crouse Avenue declined comment for this story.

According to the ABC News article, the delivery feature will only be available to people who are DD Perks members, but some Syracuse University students say the possibility of having a coffee and donut waiting at their dorm is exciting.

“I love coffee and it would be convenient,” said Chase Feinstein, a freshman in the College of Arts and Sciences. “I think it would be a great idea because kids love coffee, kids need coffee, especially in college when you run out of energy.”

The proposed idea is news to SU students, but even with the need of coffee for college students, there were mixed reviews of how often it would be used.

“I’m not a big donut fan myself, but I know that I would probably use it … on an occasional night where I want to treat myself,” said Jack Upton, a freshman sport management major. “I think that having the ability to order is a lot nicer because if I am ever in need of it, I can have it.”

However, William Zeitler, a freshman in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, wouldn’t alter his coffee habits if the idea took effect next year on campus.

“I usually get my coffee on the road … I think I’d only use it in specific situations,” said Zeitler. For example, Zeitler said, he would use the delivery service on late nights when studying.