Bandersnatch concert series

3 songs to listen to before Tribe Society opens Bandersnatch Oct. 7

Courtesy of University Union

New York City based alt-rockers Tribe Society will perform as the opening act of the Bandersnatch concert series Oct. 7.

University Union announced alternative rock band Tribe Society as the opening act for the Bandersnatch concert series on Oct. 7. The New York City natives will go on at 8 p.m., before headliners X Ambassadors hit the stage. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.

If you’re not familiar with the band, you’re not alone. The band features lead vocalist, Gavin McDevitt, bass and guitar player Rory Given, keyboardist and synthesizer Bradford Alderman, drummer Phil Boucher and flute and synth player Seth Hachen. They only have a little over 19,500 likes on Facebook and don’t even have a WikiPedia page. They do, however, have a website and an Instagram that follows a mostly black and white aesthetic.

Their EP, Lucid Dreams, hit the iTunes store on June 22, with five songs for only $3.45.

Here are three songs you should listen to before the band makes their way to the Salt City:

“Kings”

Tribe Society’s most listened-to song on YouTube and first track on their EP is “Kings”, which was uploaded to the site on Jan. 10. With a little over 600,000 views Monday night, the song has less than half as much listens of the song on their SoundCloud page.

“Stoner”

The band’s only official music video on YouTube is a cover of rapper Young Thug’s song, “Stoner.” It hit the web on Feb. 17 and has garnered a little over 24,300 views as of Monday night.

“Bullet With Butterfly Wings” 

Before the release of their EP, Tribe Society released this reimagined cover of popular alt-rock band The Smashing Pumpkin’s most well-known song. The cover appeared on their mixtape Delirium Sonata mixtape, which came out on on SoundCloud March 25. It can downloaded online for free here.