Dave Chappelle adds second show in Syracuse

Courtesy of Jackie Kiechle

Dave Chappelle will perform two shows in Syracuse on Oct. 2.

Tickets to comedian Dave Chappelle’s show sold out so fast, a second show has been added. Chappelle, also a screenwriter and TV/film producer will perform a second show at The Oncenter Crouse Hinds Theater October 2 at 9.30 p.m., according to an Oncenter press release.

Tickets went on sale for the original 7 p.m. show at 10 a.m. Monday and sold out within hours. The press release said that due to popular demand, the comedian will perform back to back shows.

Tickets cost $57 and are currently available online via livenation.com and in person at the Solvay Bank Box Office at The Oncenter.

In the early 2000s Chappelle hosted “Chappelle’s Show” on Comedy central before deciding to leave the entertainment industry.

In a 2013 article, The New York Times said “In 2005, Dave Chappelle was merely the hottest comedian in America. Then he left his job and became a far more singular cultural figure: A renegade to some, a lunatic to others, but most of all, an enigma.”

Chappelle returned to the stand up comedy circuit a few years ago, and will visit various cities in Upstate New York this fall. His shows at The Oncenter adds him to the growing list of popular comedians visiting Syracuse this fall including Bo Burnham, Gabriel Iglesias, Kevin Hart and Brian Regan.

Check out this clip of Chappelle from 1993, where it all started.