Summer construction projects to alter traffic, bus patterns

Several construction projects are set to begin on campus following commencement on Sunday and will alter traffic patterns.

South Crouse Drive is expected to be closed from University Place to the Quad 1 North Parking Lot between May 11 and August 7. Construction crews will be improving underground utilities, according to an SU News release.

The parking lot will be accessible through the stretch of South Crouse Drive between Archbold Gymnasium and the Carrier Dome. That section will transform to allow for two-way traffic in the meantime.

College Place will also close following commencement. Work on steam line repairs is scheduled to begin on May 11. College Place will be closed until June 26, according to the release.

Bus routes will be detoured as a result of the construction. The main bus hub, which normally lies in front of Sims Hall, will be moved to Comstock Avenue (southbound), in front of the Life Sciences Complex. All Centro shuttles will operate through this detour, according to the release.

These routes include: #44 Manley, #344 South Campus, #443 Connective Corridor, #240 Nob Hill, #530 Westcott, #340 Drumlins, as well as all city service. The #143 Quad Shuttle will not operate its route to the Quad during the construction period.

Once College Place reopens, Euclid Avenue will close until August 7 for reconstruction of the road, replacement of the water main and the addition of a bike lane.