University Politics

Board of Trustees announces positional change, executive committee election nominations

The Syracuse University Board of Trustees announced a new chairman on Wednesday, but also announced a new senior vice president and members up for election of the executive committee.

Lisa Dolak, the Angela S. Cooney Professor of Law and the associate director of the Institute for the Study of the Judiciary, Politics and the Media, has been announced as senior vice president and University Secretary. Dolak was appointed interim secretary to the board in January and as University Secretary, she oversees trustee relations, supports the overall work of the board and manages the Office of the Board of Trustees.

The Office of the Board of Trustees is responsible for coordinating meetings, retreats, the management of committees and recording and maintaining documentation of action taken by the board.

In addition to the Dolak announcement, the following members of the Board of Trustees were unanimously nominated for election to the Executive Committee:

• Joanne Alper, Class of 1972, at-large member
  • Darlene T. DeRemer, Classes of 1977 and 1979, investment and endowment committee co-chair
  • David Edelstein, Class of 1978, vice-chair
  • Theodore McKee, Class of 1975, at-large member
  • Reinaldo Pascual, Class of 1985, vice-chair
  • Edward J. Pettinella, Class of 1976, budget committee chair
  • Michael G. Thonis, Class of 1972, audit committee chair and investment and endowment committee co-chair

Steven Barnes, a Class of 1982 SU alumnus, was announced Wednesday as the next chairman of the Board of Trustees.