SA Elections 2015

More than 18 percent of Syracuse University student body casts vote as of Wednesday

With one more day left to vote in the Student Association elections, 18.5 percent of the Syracuse University student body has already voted as of 5 p.m. Wednesday, an SA official said.

Yesterday, a total of 14.2 percent of the student body had voted. The numbers increased after SA president Boris Gresely sent a campus-wide email encouraging students to cast their vote, said Janine Bogris, vice chair of elections on the Board of Elections and Membership.

“This is your opportunity to have your voice heard, and to have a say in who you want to represent the student body in the next session of the Student Association,” Gresely said in the email.

Students can vote through Thursday on MySlice. Votes are being cast for president and vice president, comptroller and student representatives.

Aysha Seedat and her running mate, Jane Hong, are the only candidates for SA president and vice president who appear on the ballot. Four other pairs of candidates are campaigning as write-ins.

There is also a referendum on the ballot from the New York Public Interest Research Group to determine if the organization has the support of the student body.