Student Association

Group to host Impact Week to encourage student engagement on SU campus, in the community

For the first time since the fall 2012 semester, the Student Association will host Impact Week, an event aimed at engaging Syracuse University students on campus and in the community.

Impact Week will take place from April 13 through April 19, culminating with The Cuse Conference, the first ever. Other events during the week include workshops, panels and service and engagement opportunities. Impact Week is also taking place during the week of SA presidential elections.

The event used to take place each semester, but this is the first time Impact Week is being hosted by SA during Boris Gresely’s presidency. Gresely shared the details of Impact Week in a campus-wide email sent Tuesday afternoon, including information regarding the conference.

The Cuse Conference, scheduled for April 19 from 1–6 p.m., is a forum for students and campus leaders to discuss campus issues such as diversity and inclusivity, health and wellness campaigns, campus and community safety and student empowerment within university governance.

Chancellor Kent Syverud and his executive team will be in attendance, according to an SU News release.

“This event is meant to allow students to take ownership of their university,” Gresely said in the campus-wide email. “We hope as a campus to re-explore our most pressing issues through the lens of our individual and shared experiences, values and orange traditions.”