Ducks

Duck: Sydney Golden

Tony Chao | Art director

On my first night, I thought Lara, Chloe and Mara were all the same people. With the amount of clippings on the wall, I thought everyone was a serial killer and I was especially frightened of Sports. I walked into The D.O. intimidated, and two semesters later I am training a future design editor. God bless America.

I don’t think I left the house much earlier than 2:30 a.m. most nights first semester, so thanks Mer for the rides home. It’s weird thinking of school without The D.O., but sub me in for any front-page graphics. I’ll miss the bylines. 744 Ostrom became much more than the permanent address on my Grub Hub account, and these people are why:

Lara: Thanks for hiring me! You changed my college experience because yes, I am still a freshman. I aspire to be as confident and poised as you.

Mer: Things are good. You thought I was the sassiest thing, and I always appreciate my fans. Thank you for being my friendly Jewish face, and not chopping my face off when you found me FaceTiming.

Audrey: Thank you for understanding Pac-12 over Syracuse any day. After you threatened to cut my arm off with a chainsaw, I never forgot to give you pages. A premature thank you for when Betsy and I come and crash over the summer.

Lindsay: You’re the sh*t and molded me into the designer I am. I pray you end up in LA. Thank you for appreciating my stories during design meetings. Someone had to. Oh and thanks for the Snapchats from Race. They were saved and greatly appreciated.

Ankur: I am so happy I had a chance to meet you. I always wondered the personality behind the shrine in the bathroom, sign on the water fountain and name everyone praised. Thank you for your advice, encouragement and humor throughout my semesters.

Mara: I can’t believe last semester we were design editors, and next semester this is all yours. You are beyond talented and have such an eye for design.

Chloe: My goal for you next year is to hear that you cursed once during first design meeting. Also, may your G-chat status from April 14 go down in history.

Nick: Keep killing it, Champ.

Matt: BHK for life.

Kat: I’m so happy for you. Pulp deserves all your creativity. But please never stop designing. I am still intimidated by your Play Boy Mac treatment.

Brett and Justin: It wouldn’t be a Tuesday without you guys. I truly loved working with both of you. You’re both going to kill it next semester. Always aim for good, because then things just might be fine.

News: The design computer crashes a lot. Tell designers to save frequently.

Sports: You guys give me anxiety and I was disgusted a majority of the time, but you’re fun.

Pulp: You’re really the good stuff in the middle. Keep the personalities strong and coverages short.

Chase: My name is Sydney.

Chancellor Kent Syverud: Please follow through on your promise to give students a safe ride home.

Future design staff: Go beyond what you think because management will always bring you back to reality. Front-page graphics are scary until you read your first front page byline, and show all your friends. Trust me, it goes bicoastal quickly. Finally, get a Pinterest. Really.

9 Pack & Em: Hi. Thank God for the time change is all I have to say. Thank you for keeping me virtually company, and getting ready to call the police if I didn’t text you back 15 minutes after leaving the house.

Betsy: It feels like two minutes ago we were eating in Ernie when I got the call to join the staff. Thank you for not unfriending me for geeking out — I was a bit excited. I loved that you learned Sports was a good night and News would be a long one, and coming with me to the parties. I’m sorry for coming home so late and being loud, blame News.

Mom, Dad, & Jordan: As always, thanks for the support. I love you.

Honored to be a Fresh Princess. Order shirts through me next year, and try and keep Cali vibes running through the house.