Ducks

Duck: Matt Hankin

Design editor | Fall 2014-Spring 2015

Tony Chao | Art director

I joined The Daily Orange on a whim and I couldn’t be happier that I did. I’m writing a Duck because although I plan on coming back in house after I get back from London, who knows — I might transfer to Hogwarts. Here are just a few of the people that made my time at The Daily Orange so special.

Lindsay: You hired me and got me into this mess. I’ve been grateful ever since. You are one of the most talented designers I know — I even used your website as a reference for mine — and you make everybody around you strive to be better.

Meredith: You made me feel right at home on my very first day at The D.O. and every day after that. But more importantly, are my East Coast Jewish mother and I know I can always go to you if I need to use a little Yiddish.

Lara: Every time I talked to you, I always felt like I was wanted at The D.O. and like my opinion really mattered. Oh, and thanks for putting up with my crappy Secret Santa tasks.

Mara: I shadowed you on my very first day at The D.O. but throughout my time at here, you taught me so much more than just D.O. style. We might not have always agreed about some of my designs but you always pushed me to be better and it always worked.

Audrey: Thanks for never actually machete-ing my face off.

Kat: Developments.

Jesse: The sports office could be a little crazy sometimes but you always made me feel like I fit in.

Jackie: The D.O. doesn’t feel right without you. I’m glad I could witness your first Lemonade Instagram.

Brett: I’m still amazed by your cutting skills. It definitely made my life easier when you could cut 150 words like it was nothing.

Justin: Working in news was always fun because I never knew when I would hear an amazing fact or story. It was also nice to have somebody to talk hockey with.

Frankie: Your positivity and taste in music brighten my day every time I walk by the visual office. Also, never stop wearing your Joker onesie — it’s amazing. Thanks Frankie, you’re the best!

Margo: I swear I’m not cropping your photos.

Nick: It was an honor to be mistaken for you as well. Maybe one day we will actually make it to drop-in hockey and I can make up for that time on the pond.

Chloe: Sorry I ruined the word chinstrap for you but we won the $40,000 so that’s all that counts. You are going to do some amazing things as PD and I hope I will get a chance to work for you next spring.

Shawna: You are literally the only person that I have ever been afraid to play against in beer pong.

Schneidman: Let’s be real, you’ll still be able to hear me breathe from London.

Jacob: I’m still not quite sure how you find coming up with macs so easy but it impresses me every time.

Everybody else: I really enjoyed working with all of you and I hope that you will all still be here when I get back.