Oklahoma-Michigan State, Louisville-N.C. State to match up in Syracuse regional

Frankie Prijatel | Photo Editor

N.C. State upset No. 1 seed Villanova to move on to the Syracuse regional. With the Orange's move to the Atlantic Coast Conference before the 2013-14 season, the Carrier Dome is slowly becoming a familiar venue for the Wolfpack.

With the Syracuse men’s basketball season having wrapped up on March 7 and the women’s team ending its season with a loss to South Carolina in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32 on Sunday, there are just four more teams that will play postseason basketball in Syracuse.

After four days of March Madness, the Sweet 16 is set and so is the four-team field for the East regional — which will feature two games on Friday and one on Sunday in the Carrier Dome. The four teams are No. 3 seed Oklahoma, No. 4 seed Louisville, No. 7 seed Michigan State and No. 8 seed North Carolina State.

N.C. State and Louisville will tip off at 7:37 p.m. on Friday, and Oklahoma and Michigan State will tip at 10:07 p.m. Both games will be aired on TBS. The Sunday Elite Eight matchup will begin at either 2 p.m. or 4:30 p.m.

No. 1 seed Villanova and No. 2 seed Virginia were each upset in the Round of 32, and the East is the only of the tournament’s four regionals to not feature a No. 1 or 2 seed.