Dylan Donahue receives NCAA Offensive Player of the Week honor

Luke Rafferty | Staff Photographer

Dylan Donahue recorded a season-high seven points against Duke last Sunday, tallying five goals and two assists in the Orange's 19-7 win.

Syracuse junior attack Dylan Donahue has been named the NCAA Offensive Player of the Week for a season-high seven-point performance against then-No. 4 Duke last Sunday.

He tallied five goals and assisted on two in the Orange’s 19-7 win over the Blue Devils, and five of his points came in a first half in which SU jumped out to a 13-1 lead.

The national honor comes two days after Donahue was named Atlantic Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Week. He leads the No. 1 Orange with 22 goals and is tied for second with 11 assists. It’s the first time a Syracuse player has been named NCAA Offensive Player of the Week after Donahue received the ACC’s weekly accolades three times and attack Kevin Rice earned it once.

SU (7-0, 2-0 ACC) will face No. 2 Notre Dame (5-1, 1-0) in South Bend, Indiana at noon on Saturday.