Orange Bachelorette

Orange Bachelorette: SU alumna Ashley Iaconetti is eliminated from ‘The Bachelor’

Via Ashley Iaconetti's Instagram

Syracuse University alumna Ashley Iaconetti was heartbroken after she was eliminated from "The Bachelor" after a terrible 2-on-1 date.

Love hurts.

It especially hurts for Syracuse University alumna, Ashley Iaconetti, who was eliminated on Monday night’s episode of “The Bachelor.”

Her journey to win Iowa farmer Chris Soules’ heart ended in possibly one of the worst two-on-one dates in the show’s history.

The episode picked up from last week’s rose ceremony that ended in “To Be Continued…” with contestant Kelsey Poe collapsing on the floor.

Poe ended up recovering and attributed the panic attack to her anxiety, which made Iaconetti angry.

Iaconetti felt her alone time with Soules was cut short because Poe played “the widow card,” and Soules now will feel too guilty to eliminate her.

During the rose ceremony, Soules gave the final two roses to Iaconetti and Poe. This foreshadowed later in the episode when both women were asked on the dreaded “two-on-one” date, where only one of them would be asked to return.

Throughout the episode, a common theme discussed by all the contestants was their dislike and distrust of Poe, who had a penchant for a very maniacal laugh.

“I’m so excited to kick Kelsey’s ass,” Iaconetti said. “I’m Glenda, the good witch, and she is the Wicked Witch of the West.”

The date started on a good note in the Badlands of South Dakota, where Soules took both women on a helicopter ride above a stunning Mount Rushmore.

When the helicopter landed in the middle of the desolate Badlands with only a canvas bed in sight, things still looked positive.

However, the two women were like oil and water. A double date with Iaconetti and Poe was bound to highlight their differences.

“I may be a virgin, but I’m sexy, and she is not,” Iaconetti said.

When Soules pulled Iaconetti away for some alone time, she quickly told him about the negative feelings many women have about Poe.

Minutes later when Soules spoke with Poe alone he immediately repeated all of the negative opinions Iaconetti just shared with him, setting the stage for a showdown.

Poe was taken aback and urged Soules not to ruin their connection over “girl talk.”

“I am hurt. She is just a Kardashian who didn’t get to go on her date,” Poe said. “She has way too much makeup on to be genuine.”

When both Poe and Iaconetti found themselves back lounging on the canvas bed, there was a tense moment between the two until finally Poe spoke.

“I know what you did. I did not appreciate it,” she said, staring Iaconetti down intensely.

Iaconetti began to sob and rushed to speak with Soules who was across the vast Badlands landscape. She grabbed his hand and led him further away, attempting to articulate her thoughts between inconsolable tears.

“It’s just so stupid that every time I am around you, I have to cry — like what?” Iaconetti said.

Soules comforted Iaconetti as much as he could, but it was clear bad news was coming.

“The world I live in, I don’t know that you’d be happy,” Soules said. “I couldn’t give you the lifestyle that you want.”

Iaconetti did not take her elimination well and ran away in tears, only to return minutes later to cry more into Soules’s arms.

“I definitely put everything out there. That is what sucks. I just don’t get it,” said Iaconetti as she sat alone on the hillside. “Can we, like, not do this right now?”

Poe was all smiles as she saw Iaconetti’s tears, but Soules quickly informed her that the journey to find true love was over for her as well.

Soules got into his helicopter and left both women alone in the Badlands.

Iaconetti was left in a position seen many times by “Bachelor” fans this season, sobbing with her hands covering her face, thus ending the SU alumna’s journey on “The Bachelor.”