2015 Syracuse SU Lacrosse Guide

Back on the attack

Dear readers,

The Daily Orange's 2015 Lacrosse Preview presents an extensive look at the upcoming season for the Syracuse men's and women's teams. See what makes Kevin Rice the perfect facilitator for the Orange's lethal attack, how playmaker Randy Staats is better prepared for his second go-round at SU, what standout transfer Tim Barber brings to the Syracuse offense and how two-time captain Hakeem Lecky developed into the leader he is. Check out a feature on Kayla Treanor, who could be the best player in the country and the first to lead the Orange women's team to a national title. Read up on Myles Jones, who will be instrumental in Duke's push for a third consecutive NCAA title, and learn about the style of offense that's led Denver to three final fours in four years. Enjoy and thank you for reading.

Sincerely,
Phil D'Abbraccio, Sports Editor

Last Shot

Rice heads into final chance at NCAA title, rides multi-sport experience to guide SU offense

In the middle

OCC standout Barber settles into new role in loaded Orange offense after transfer

Carrying the load

Weight of Syracuse's title hopes falls on Treanor's shoulders as one of country's top attacks

Fitting In

Playmaker Staats begins 2nd season with refined chemistry, understanding of Syracuse offense

Imitation game

Midfielder Lecky draws from past inspirations, enters 2nd season as Syracuse captain

The natural

Midfielder Jones provides freak athleticism, lethal threat for Blue Devils as team attempts to seize 3rd straight national championship

Outside the box

Interchangeable Denver offense relies on box lacrosse principles for strategy