University Union

‘Workaholics’ actor Adam DeVine to perform at Goldstein Auditorium Feb. 24

Updated: Jan. 25 at 10:12 p.m.

Actor and comedian Adam DeVine will perform at Goldstein Auditorium in the Schine Student Center on Feb. 24.

University Union announced the show on Twitter Sunday night. Tickets for “A Night with Adam DeVine” will go on sale on Thursday at the Schine Box Office. Tickets are $5 and are available to all Syracuse University and SUNY-ESF students, faculty and staff. A valid college, staff or faculty ID is required to purchase tickets and to attend the show. The show will start at 8 p.m. on Feb. 24 with gates opening at 7:15 p.m.

DeVine announced on his official Twitter account earlier this month that he would be going on tour starting on Feb. 10 with a show in Austin, Texas. There are 22 stops scheduled for DeVine’s tour, according to his Twitter. Syracuse and New York City are the only New York locations.

DeVine is known for his work in Comedy Central’s “Workaholics” and ABC’s “Modern Family.” The 31-year-old also wrapped up the second season of Comedy Central’s, “Adam DeVine’s House Party.” DeVine also appeared in the movie “Pitch Perfect” in the role of Bumper. He will reprise his role as Bumper in the movie’s sequel, “Pitch Perfect 2,” which will be released this summer. As a comedian, DeVine acts, writes and produces all of the material for sketch comedy group, Mail Order Comedy, according to a UU press release.

DeVine will be the fourth major comedian to perform on the Syracuse University campus during the 2014–15 school year. Jim Gaffigan from the TBS sitcom, “My Boys” performed on Oct. 25, actor Kevin Hart performed on Nov. 2 and John Mulaney from “Mulaney” performed on Nov. 19. The Gaffigan and Hart shows were presented by UU, while Mulaney’s performance was presented by the Traditions Commission.