Recruiting

Class of 2015 TE Lindor decommits from Syracuse

West Lindor has decommitted from Syracuse’s Class of 2015, he told The Daily Orange on Monday night.

The three-star tight end from Affton (Missouri) High School said that he made his decision because he had not heard from anyone on the coaching staff since early October, had made numerous calls that were unanswered and was one of two tight ends in the class — the other being junior college transfer Trey Dunkelberger — when he was told that he’d be the only one.

“I wasn’t too happy about it, it’s whatever I guess,” Lindor said. “It’s just a business. It’s just a business and there’s nothing I can do about it.”

He said he broke the news to the media first because he didn’t know who to call from the school since no one would pick up.

Running backs coach DeAndre Smith recruited him, Lindor said.

Lindor said he’d been looking at other colleges, and is interested in Missouri and Indiana, but only has one other offer from Arkansas State. He said that he was being recruited to play at Harvard, but that he cut off communication after his commitment to Syracuse on July 9.

“I talked to some of the commits in the class, and they said they had been talking to the staff every single day for the past month so, yeah,” Lindor said.

In October, Gerald Robinson, a cornerback commit, left the class because he said he had only been hearing from the coaching staff once a month. But Daivon Ellison, another cornerback commit said he was talking to different coaches every day and that he heard from his main recruiter, SU tight ends coach Bobby Acosta, every other day.

Lindor is now the fifth player in the now-22-person class to decommit.

“It sucks. Now I’m just restarting again,” Lindor said. “After all the stuff I just started, I kind of wish for that time back. But I’ll bounce back.”