Letters to the Editor

Bolton will offer interesting view on global events

The American public’s attention is, rather unusually, currently captured by events outside the United States. Whether it be the spread of Ebola in western Africa or the spread of the even more deadly disease that manifests itself as ISIS, Americans are concerned about what is happening around the world. The discussion on how to handle these issues among others is center stage in the media as people look for more information on the assorted crises facing the world.

In this state of affairs, John Bolton is a great speaker to host on campus. His wealth of foreign policy experience, from being the Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security to being the U.S. Permanent Representative to the United Nations for a time, makes him a valuable source of analysis to have right now. His insights will help students and faculty to see opinions they might not on a regular basis, giving them another source to take into account as they develop their own opinions on the matter.
This is why the College Republicans have decided to host Mr. Bolton, because he will offer those here at Syracuse University an interesting perspective on today’s events. We hope that those who attend come away with a better sense of the issues facing the world today and how some of those in the foreign policy arena wish to deal with those issues.

Wyatt Suling
Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
B.S. Economics
B.A. Policy studies with a focus on defense
Class of 2017