Tight end Moore leaves Notre Dame game with concussion, Foy sustains lower-body injury

Sam Maller | Staff Photographer

Kendall Moore leaves the game on a cart after sustaining a concussion in the fourth quarter in Syracuse's 31-15 loss to Notre Dame on Saturday night.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Syracuse tight end Kendall Moore has a concussion but is “fine,” head coach Scott Shafer said after the Orange’s (2-2) 31-15 loss to No. 8 Notre Dame (4-0) at MetLife Stadium on Saturday night.

“A pretty good concussion,” Shafer said. “He’s fine, relatively speaking. The rest of the kids are banged up a little bit, just because they played a good football game.”

Moore went down in the fourth quarter and reportedly briefly lost consciousness, but got up and walked to the cart that carried him off the field with 8:09 left in the game.

Right tackle Ivan Foy also left the game with what appeared to be a leg injury with 8:20 remaining in the second quarter and didn’t return to the field. He walked off the field under his own power, although with a noticeable limp.

“He seemed in good spirits,” SU left tackle Sean Hickey said, “so I think he’ll be alright.”

Junior Michael Lasker, who started at right guard in SU’s season opener, came in for Foy and committed a costly 15-yard personal foul penalty later on during that very drive for pushing Notre Dame defensive lineman Romeo Okwara after a play.