University Union

Comedian Jim Gaffigan to perform at SU on Oct. 25

University Union announced on Twitter Sunday night that Jim Gaffigan will perform in Goldstein Auditorium on Saturday, Oct. 25 at 8 p.m.

Tickets for “An Evening With Jim Gaffigan” will go on sale on Monday at 9 a.m. at the Schine Box Office. Tickets will be $5 with a valid Syracuse University or SUNY-ESF ID. There will be 1,500 tickets made available and doors for the event will open at 7:15 p.m. the night of the event, according to a UU press release.

The event will be the first ever Saturday comedy show in UU history, said Romina Fuentes, director of performing arts for UU.

Gaffigan, 48, is a stand-up comedian whose most recent comedy album debuted at number one on the Billboard Comedy Album charts in April 2014. Gaffigan’s comedy special “Obsessed” aired on Comedy Central on April 27 and is the most watched stand-up comedy special in 2014 for the network. His latest book, “Food: A Love Story” is a follow-up to his New York Times best-selling book, “Dad is Fat” and is due for release on Oct. 21, according to Gaffigan’s website.

On April 26, Gaffigan won the award for Concert Comedian at the American Comedy Awards. He is also well-known for his appearances in Sierra Mist commercials and his role on the TBS sitcom, “My Boys.” Gaffigan was also named one of the 25 funniest people on Twitter by Rolling Stone.