3LAU

Dillon Francis, Schoolboy Q, Ace Hood to perform at Juice Jam 2014

Producer and DJ Dillon Francis and rappers Schoolboy Q and Ace Hood will perform at this year’s Juice Jam Music Festival on Sept. 7.

They will be joined by artists 3LAU, Tinashe, Broods and Misterwives, University Union announced Sunday. This year will be the 10th annual Juice Jam festival, and music will start at 11 a.m. The event will take place at Skytop Field on South Campus, and will feature two stages. Last year was the first time Juice Jam featured multiple stages.

Francis, Schoolboy Q, 3LAU and Tinashe will play on the main stage, while Ace Hood, Broods and Misterwives will play on the indie stage throughout the day, according to a UU press release.

Alli Reich, co-director of public relations for UU, said the festival setup of Juice Jam allows the organization to create a diverse lineup of acts.

“We have Dillon Francis and we have a big EDM community so that’s great for that audience, but we also have Schoolboy Q who appeals to the rap community we have,” she said. “We like to hit each genre with these acts.”

In addition to the rap and EDM genres, artists like Broods will appeal to indie and alternative fans, said Evan Wilson, UU’s concert director. Wilson said it can be difficult to book all of the acts, but each of the artists’ agents are willing to work with UU to bring them to Syracuse.

“They know we have a great student body interested in all kinds of music,” he said. “All of the artists are up and coming and they’re all looking forward to coming to campus.

Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students will be able to purchase tickets for $15 with a school ID, according to the release. Tickets will go on sale at a date that is still to be announced.