Recruiting

Offensive lineman Adams verbally commits to Syracuse, joins Class of 2015

Offensive tackle Evan Adams of Norwalk (Conn.) High School has committed to Syracuse, he confirmed to The Daily Orange on Thursday night.

Adams is the 11th commitment in the Orange’s Class of 2015 and the fourth offensive lineman to choose Syracuse. He is listed at 6 feet, 6 inches and 300 pounds by Scout.com.

Adams said that SU head coach Scott Shafer promised to hold a spot open for Adams, who notified Shafer of his final plans after visiting Maryland. Adams also had offers from Connecticut and Massachusetts, according to his Scout profile.

For the lineman, the decision came down to how he felt welcomed into the Syracuse family when he visited.

“Just the hospitality, the way the school ivited me in,” Adams said. “They made me feel at home, like I can really strive and succeed there.”

Adams becomes the second player from Connecticut in SU’s class, just two days after Anthony Giudice, a defensive tackle from Avon Old Farms High School, announced his pledge to Syracuse.

Adams highlighted his aggression, quickness and willingness to learn as his primary strengths and with one high school season left, he’ll look to improve where he can and let Shafer and the SU coaching staff handle the rest.

“Stay in the weight room, stay focused in school as well as on the field and stay in shape,” Adams said. “I need to be the physical part. They will prepare me mentally.”