A$AP Ferg

AraabMUZIK cancels Mayfest performance, Pierce Fulton to peform

DJ and producer AraabMUZIK will not peform at Mayfest Friday, and has been replaced by EDM artist Pierce Fulton.

Mitchell Mason, University Union’s director of public relations, said AraabMUZIK’s management said he was unable to perform because of “unforeseeable scheduling conflicts.” Mason said not many details were disclosed to UU, and they found out about the issue Thursday morning. Mayfest organizers and UU’s concert director then worked together and were able to book Fulton within an hour, he said.

Mason said Fulton has opened for other EDM artists Tiesto and Dada Life, adding that he is an up and coming artist in the genre.

“His style is very innovative and I think he’ll actually play a little better to the outdoor festival atmosphere of Mayfest,” Mason said. “He fits beautifully into the lineup.”

He added that with the change in artists, those in attendance will see no issues with the energy of the day’s concerts.

“We’re disaapointed AraabMuzik is unable to play, but we’re very excited we got an up and coming artist in the EDM scene,” he said.

Mayfest begins at 1 p.m. Friday in Walnut Park. Indie band Joywave will open the concert, followed by Fulton. The concert will be headlined by rapper A$AP Ferg.