Letter to the Editor

Week highlights professional fraternities

The members of Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity, Delta Sigma Pi Business & Economics Fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity and Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity came together to form Syracuse’s first Professional Fraternity Council. The mission of this council is to promote professional, academic and community service involvement of the wider Syracuse University campus through events that showcase the excellence and intellectual diversity of the SU student body.

So how does the PFC start putting its excellence into practice this semester at SU? Through Professional Fraternity Week, from March 18–22. During this week, each fraternity will host an event that is representative of its core mission as well as engaging our student body. See a list of the events taking place below:

Tuesday, March 18, 7 p.m. at Whitman School of Management, Room 003

Alpha Kappa Psi Presents: A Conversation with Don Kelly

Don Kelly, one of the nation’s best trial lawyers, will be speaking on white collar crime, criminal background checks, drug testing and how different things affect your ability to successfully make it in the corporate world.

Wednesday, March 19, 7:30 p.m. at Huntington Beard Crouse Hall, Gifford Auditorium

Phi Sigma Pi Presents: Religion and Identity, Exploring Religion in the Context of our Daily Lives

Join Phi Sigma Pi in a conversation on how Religion plays a role in on our daily lives whether we practice it or not. Syracuse religious leaders Mohamed Khater, Dr. Ethan Worthington and Rabbi Daniel Fellman will guide us through practices, core values, misconceptions and every day applications of their religions guiding us towards a path of not only tolerance, but understanding.

Saturday, March 22, 1 p.m. at Hall of Languages Room 211

Alpha Phi Omega Presents: Relay for Life’s Minute-to-Win-it!

Hate cancer? Love Relay for Life? Join Alpha Phi Omega in a minute-to-win-it tournament to beat cancer! Two dollars per person and you must register with a team of 2 to 4 in advance! Teams with the most points will get prizes! 100 percent of the donations will go to the Syracuse Relay for Life!

Be sure to save these dates! For more information on the PFC, Professional Fraternity Week, or anything else, please do not hesitate to contact Merlin Valdez at [email protected]

Merlin Valdez

Communication and Rhetorical Studies ‘14

The members of the Professional Fraternity Council at Syracuse University