Injured Lyn only participates in bench press; Anderson performs well in 40-yard dash

Keon Lyn was limited during Syracuse’s Pro Day on Wednesday, participating only in the bench press due to a fractured left kneecap. Fellow cornerback and childhood friend Ri’Shard Anderson, though, did participate and was pleased with his performance.

Assistant Athletics Director for Athletic Performance Will Hicks said Lyn’s knee isn’t completely healed yet, and that he’s at 75 percent. Lyn wanted to participate fully, Hicks said, but the NFL prevented him from doing so.

“They wanted full speed,” Hicks said. “The risk is not worth the reward today. They know what he can do.”

Hicks said approximately 80 percent of Lyn’s “grade” is done off film and is already determined. NFL teams already have verified times from watching him play last season, and their main goal Wednesday was to see how he looks physically and how close he appears to being healthy.

He said teams will likely fly Lyn in for physicals as the NFL Draft approaches to ensure he is fully healed.

Anderson ran a 4.4-second 40-yard dash — .1 second off what he called his personal best.

Neither Lyn or Anderson is projected to be drafted, but both are preparing to hear their name called in May. They have been extremely close since their days playing football together at the age of 4 in Miramar, Fla., and visited colleges together before remaining tight at Syracuse.

Now, Anderson said, they’re ready to tackle the next step together. Lyn is trying to get fully healthy, while Anderson’s trying to work on the intangibles he knows he would need to make it to the next level.

“It’s exciting,” Anderson said. “Living out your dream, it would be real.”

He put up the numbers he wanted to Wednesday, and will now play the waiting game like many other Syracuse players.

In the meantime, he’s working out every day. He’s done with school and just preparing for the NFL.

“No school,” Anderson said, nodding his head and smiling. “Just working out. Living the dream. Just wake up, get some protein in, work out.”