Foy suspended from team; Eskridge, Raymon, Robinson out with injuries

Syracuse offensive guard Ivan Foy was suspended from the team due to an academic issue. He will not participate in spring football.

Free safety Durell Eskridge, linebacker Luke Arciniega, guard Nick Robinson and defensive ends John Raymon and Kennedy Kodua are sidelined to start spring ball due to injury while kicker Ross Krautman and quarterback Mitch Kimble will be limited due to injury.

Eskridge will be held out of contact because of finger and hip injuries, while Raymon is still recovering from the season-ending knee injury he suffered in the Orange’s loss to Georgia Tech on Oct. 19. SU head coach Scott Shafer said Tuesday that Raymon has kept his body weight down in the recovery process.

Wide receiver Adrian Flemming and cornerback Julian Whigham, both of whom suffered season-ending injuries last season, will be full participants in spring practice. Defensive end Donnie Simmons and wide receiver Keenan Hale will participate fully as well.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »