Fair named NABC 2nd-team All-American

Yuki Mizuma | Staff Photographer

C.J. Fair Fair finishes his career with the Orange as part of the second-winningest class in program history despite losing to Dayton in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32 this year.

The National Association of Basketball Coaches announced its All-America team on Wednesday and Fair is a member of the second team.

The forward is joined by Wichita State forward Cleanthony Early, Louisville guard Russ Smith, Cincinnati guard Sean Kilpatrick and Kansas forward Andrew Wiggins.

Arizona guard Nick Johnson, Creighton forward Doug McDermott, Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier, Duke forward Jabari Parker and Michigan guard Nik Stauskas are the first-team honorees. Kentucky forward Julius Randle, Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart, WSU guard Fred VanVleet, North Carolina State forward T.J. Warren and Florida guard Scottie Wilbekin make up the third team.

The United States Basketball Writers Association also named Fair a second-team All-American two weeks ago. The senior was left off The Sporting News’ All-American team during that same week.

The Associated Press’ All-American team will be announced during the coming weeks.

Fair averaged 16.5 points and 6.4 rebounds per game this season and led Syracuse to the best start in school history.

He struggled this season with his efficiency — his 42.9 field-goal percentage was a career worst and his 27.6 3-point percentage was a significant drop-off from the 46.9-percent clip he shot at last season — but he led the Atlantic Coast Conference in minutes per game and ranked seventh in usage rate during his first-team All-ACC campaign.

Fair finishes his career with the Orange as part of the second-winningest class in program history despite the early exit to this year’s NCAA Tournament.