University Union

Danny Brown to perform in second Bandersnatch concert on April 2

Hip-hop artist Danny Brown will perform in University Union’s second Bandersnatch concert of the semester.

The show will take place on April 2 in the Schine Underground, according to a UU press release. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and music will begin at 8 p.m. UU will announce the opening act at a later date.

Tickets will go on sale for $5 for Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students and faculty on Friday at 10 a.m. at the Schine Student Center Box Office.

MTV called Brown, a Detroit rapper, “one of rap’s most unique figures in recent memory.” Brown released his latest album “Old” in 2013, debuting at number 17 on US Billboard 200. The concert will be a stop as part of Brown’s tour.

Mitchell Mason, UU’s director of public relations, said one of the reasons why the concert committee booked Brown was because his unique sound, pride and individuality were things that could be applauded in a college atmosphere.

“College atmospheres have a lot of different, diverse students,” he said. “I think that Danny Brown’s message of sticking true to who you are in his essence, in his music and who he is – I think it is something that will really resonate with a lot of college students.”

Brown also has a very different style to St. Lucia, the headliner for the first Bandersnatch concert, Mason said. St. Lucia, an electro-pop artist, will perform on March 5.