Student Association

Fresh faces: Cabinet members of the 58th session share their goals for the upcoming year in SA

Aysha Seedat – Director of Student Life

I plan on working with transfer students and the Office of First Year and Transfer Programs to help ease the transition to student life at Syracuse. I also wish to work towards making our bi-weekly Wegmans and Target shuttles and transportation services to RTC and the Airport during breaks run more efficiently and make sure that they are used to their maximum potential. At the end of the day, I really want to reach out the student population and hear what they want to help improve their student life, because that’s my job.

Kyle Coleman – Chief of Staff

My goal for the coming semester is to translate good intentions into good actions. There are hard-working members in SA, devoted leaders and a lot of work being done, but often students don’t see it in their everyday lives. When students come home at night, after a day of classes, work and internships, they should be able to identify at least one thing that SA did for them during the day. Students don’t expect SA to solve all of their problems, but I do think that many sense there is a role for SA to play.

Anna Giles – Director of Communications

As Director of Communications, it’s my responsibility to ensure that Student Association is known on campus. Student Association is an organization by students and for students. I will make it my duty this semester to improve student body access to what Student Association does behind the scenes, re-brand Student Association’s image as a true resource for students and increase Student Association’s presence in student run media. My ultimate goal is to educate the students on what Student Association can do for them.

Brittany Moore – Director of Technology

As Director of Technology, my main responsibility is keeping the Student Government website current with updates and incorporating new initiatives through working with the Director of Public Relations. I will work to keep the student body informed on all issues surrounding the university and information technology. I plan to strengthen the communication between student interest and ITS. I will accomplish this by attending meetings within the university dealing with information technology, consulting students for their interest and using my knowledge and experience in information technology. I will work to bring change by proposing legislation and implementing initiatives that relate to better serving the student body’s technology needs.

Frederico Vicente – Director of Academic Affairs

As Director of Academic Affairs, I hope to reenergize the committee. I hope to see long-lasting results of all initiatives, as well tackle issues that are of great concern to the student body. Additionally, I hope to find a solution concerning college advising, in addition to working with administration to create a better atmosphere for all SU students.

Sawyer Cresap – Director of Student Engagement

I’m very excited about the Student Engagement Committee chair opportunity. I hope to make SEC a very collaborative and goal-oriented committee this session, where members drive the direction of initiatives and those initiatives are successfully completed. I hope to direct the focus towards garnering student opinion to show research-based claims in order to pave the way for stronger solutions in all four committees. I hope to continue the committee’s role as the liaison between SA and the student body while incorporating quantitative data into our endeavors to help assess progress and set realistic goals for the future.