Syracuse commit McCullough to attend IMG Academy after dismissal from Brewster

Syracuse commit Chris McCullough will attend IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Nearly a month after his expulsion from Brewster (N.H.) Academy on Nov. 11, the five-star forward will attend IMG, which places a strong emphasis on developing young athletes. McCullough, the third-ranked power forward in the Class of 2014 according to Scout, signed his National Letter of Intent to play for SU on Nov. 14.

The reasons for his dismissal from Brewster have not been disclosed but around 9 a.m. on Monday morning Brewster head coach Jason Smith tweeted this:

McCullough thanked Smith in a corresponding tweet, confirming his move to the prep school.

Smith said in an email that McCullough, who graduated from Brewster last spring and was there for a post-graduate year this fall, most likely came to the decision with his family and the SU coaching staff.

Smith is also confident that McCullough will work hard and ready himself for college on and off the court.

“I’m sure he will be working hard both academically, as well as athletically,” Smith said in the email, “so when he arrives on campus this summer at SU he will be ready to contribute immediately.”

The 6-foot-10 210-pounder from the Bronx, N.Y., has found a new home, and The Post-Standard reported that McCullough practiced with IMG yesterday and is enrolling in the school on Monday.

McCullough posted an Instagram video himself dunking at IMG Monday night.