Syracuse loses slew of offensive weapons for regular-season finale

Syracuse’s quest for bowl eligibility took a serious hit when it was announced that running back Prince-Tyson Gulley and wide receiver Jarrod West are both out for Saturday’s game against Boston College and tackle Sean Hickey is doubtful. Wide receiver Brisly Estime will play after missing the past two games.

Defensive end Isaiah Johnson will also miss his second straight game after suffering a concussion against No. 2 Florida State and center Jason Emerich is doubtful. Cornerback Julian Whigham is out, but is not listed as “out for the season.” Tight end Beckett Wales is listed as out for the season after having surgery for an upper-body injury earlier this week.

Gulley missed the past two games after reinjuring his ankle during the Orange’s win over Maryland. West will miss his second straight game after suffering an upper-body injury against the Seminoles. Hickey will miss his first game of the season after suffering a lower-body injury during SU’s 17-16 loss to Pittsburgh on Saturday. The starting left tackle missed a bulk of the game and was replaced by offensive lineman Michael Lasker.

Gulley’s injury likely means an expanded role for younger running backs George Morris II and Devante McFarlane.

Estime returns to the lineup after missing the past two games with a broken bone in his hand. His return means that Syracuse can once again use an H-back in the offense. Ashton Broyld moved out wide against the Panthers to start alongside Christopher Clark, while fullback Clay Cleveland moved into the starting lineup. The Orange can use its same two starters against the Eagles with Estime starting as the H-back.