University Union

Travi$ Scott to open Homecoming show on Oct. 3

Up-and-coming rapper Travi$ Scott will open for Twenty One Pilots for this year’s homecoming show on Oct. 3.

The concert will take place in Goldstein Auditorium. Doors will open at 7:00 p.m. with music starting at 7:30 p.m.

Tickets for the homecoming show will cost $10 for Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students, and $12 for faculty members and alumni.

“We wanted to diversify the show, because it is a homecoming show, it is a big show and we wanted a variety for the crowd,” said Kelly Benini, University Union’s concert director. “He’s one of the biggest up-and-comers in hip hop.”

She added that students can expect a variety of music and different acts at the homecoming show.

Scott, who is signed to both G.O.O.D. Music and Grand Hustle Records, has been featured on Kanye West’s recent “Yeezus” album as both a rapper and a producer. Scott dropped his debut mixtape “Owl Pharaoh” on May 21 featuring songs with Meek Mill, T.I. and 2 Chainz. An XXL Magazine review described the mixtape as having a “mysterious, trippy ambience,” and showing influence by West, Scott’s mentor.

Twenty One Pilots rose to popularity with its MTV Video Music Award-nominated track “Holding On To You.”

The band’s lead vocalist Tyler Joseph and drummer Josh Dun released their most recent album “Vessels” in January, which peaked at No. 10 on U.S. Billboard’s alternative albums, according to the Billboard website.