Syracuse adds 5 new players to roster

Five new players were added to a roster distributed to media at Syracuse’s practice Wednesday. Troy Green, a freshman quarterback from Skaneateles, N.Y., highlights the list.

Green has practiced with Syracuse throughout the week and is now part of the roster. A 6-foot, 184-pound walk-on, Green participated in the Orange’s quarterback drills Wednesday.

Joining Green on the SU roster are four new defensive backs — Noah Douglas, Eric Anthony, Joe Stanard and Alex Schoen. Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer said Stanard had a minor ankle injury Monday, but the defensive back returned to practice Wednesday.

Anthony and Stanard also join Green as local products practicing with the Orange. Anthony, a 5-foot-11, 199-pound defensive back, and Stanard, a 5-foot-9, 179-pound member of the secondary, are both from Baldwinsville, N.Y.

Douglas, a 6-foot, 169-pound back, and Schoen, a 5-foot-7, 161-pound defensive back, are both New Jersey products, from Montclair and Short Hills, respectively.

None of the players had been added to the roster on the SU Athletics website as of Wednesday evening.

Remembrance Week 2014

From the shadows

This year, the Remembrance Scholars created silhouettes of the 35 SU students who died in the Pan Am Flight 103 bombing and placed them throughout campus in locations where the victims would have most likely hung out. Read more »