Olympic Sports

Men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball games to be televised this fall

As a new member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, Syracuse University Athletics will now be part of the ACC’s Olympic sports broadcast package.

On Thursday, the ACC announced broadcast coverage for Olympic sports during the fall season. The league’s media rights holders will distribute at least 101 events live, according to the release. As part of the deal, five SU sporting events will be televised on ESPN3.

The SU men’s soccer team, coming off a 14-6-1 campaign and NCAA tournament Sweet 16 loss to Georgetown, will play North Carolina on Oct. 18. That match will be broadcasted on ESPN3 and regional sports networks. The SU women’s soccer team’s game at North Carolina State on Oct. 20 will also be featured on regional sports networks and ESPN3.

Three Orange volleyball matches, at Pittsburgh on Oct. 20, at Clemson on Nov. 22, and at Notre Dame on Nov. 30 will be televised as well.

Also part of the deal, the SU men’s soccer team will be featured on regional sports networks MSG, NESN, and YES. The ACC men’s and women’s soccer championship games will both be carried live on ESPNU, and both semifinals will be shown on ESPN3.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »