Syracuse picks up linebacker commitment

Syracuse received a verbal commitment from outside linebacker Alryk Perry during his recent visit to campus, CuseNation.com reports. He is the 21st member of the Orange’s Class of 2013, adding depth to a linebacker unit that is losing three players to graduation.

Out of Glenwood Academy in Smiths Station, Ala., Perry earned All-State honors from the Alabama Sports Writers Association. Glenwood finished 7-3 last fall.

On his recruiting page at NCSAsports.org, Perry is listed at 6 feet, 1 inch, and 215 pounds. His 40-yard dash time is listed as a 4.43 with a 31-inch vertical.

In his personal statement on the page, Perry said he has the versatility to play multiple positions, pointing to his experience as a defensive lineman in high school.

Perry did not receive interest or offers from any other schools, according to his profile on CuseNation.com.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »