The Daily Orange

Duck: Jessica Iannetta

Asst. News Editor | Fall 2012-Spring 2013

Micah Benson | Art Director

Sometimes, I think I’m crazy for going into journalism. But then I write an article, do an interview or pick up a copy of The Daily Orange and realize I’d be crazy to do anything else. And when I look at all of the other crazy people around me, I know this is definitely where I’m supposed to be.

Here’s to being crazy:

Mom and Dad: You’ve both been so incredibly supportive of my time at The D.O. and my desire to pursue journalism. I know I don’t say it enough, but thank you and I love you.

Mikey: I hope that whatever you decide to do in college and beyond, it makes you as happy as journalism makes me. That’s the important thing.

Meredith: We’ve come a long way from MayFest coverage and I’m so happy we’re friends. You’re a talented journalist and you sell yourself short way too often. You’ll do great as news editor, and it kills me that I won’t be here to see it.

Casey: Remember when we were “feuding?” Remember when I asked you why you worked at The D.O. since you’re a magazine journalism major? Well, I’m really glad we ended up friends. Good luck as EIC!

Dylan: I really admire your desire to make every story you write the best it can be. Keep FOIA Fridays going!

Nicki: Si se puede! We survived! You’re one of the most positive people I know and you took everything we threw at you in stride. Enjoy life after The D.O. and, um, polish class.

Brendan: It’s been fun having you in News. Have an awesome time in Madrid!

Marwa: I have so much respect for you and you taught me a ton. If I’m at all good at this job, it’s because of you.

Liz: So I guess I should thank you now for calling me for all of those one-day turnaround stories freshman year?

Dara: If I ever become half the reporter you are, I’ll be satisfied. You’ve left News big shoes to fill.

Debbie: You reported the hell out of SA this semester — and everything else you covered, too. Thanks for all of the mochas.

Meghin: #JessFact: I still can’t believe you got me for Secret Santa.

Annie, Alfred, Natsumi, Maggie: You’re all really talented and I’ve enjoyed watching you guys grow as writers. Can’t wait to see what you do next semester.

Mark and Laurence: I have never doubted your guys’ dedication to the paper and desire to make it the best it can be. Mark, your love of breaking news has convinced me that you’re a secret newsy. Laurence, your attention to detail makes such an important IMPACT on the paper every day.

Maddy: I’ll miss you G-chatting me copy questions. Good luck as ME!

CDB, Erik, Claire, Avery, Boomer, Kristin, Joe: One of my biggest regrets is not spending more time in Pulp. You guys have so much fun.

Klinger: I always enjoy talking soccer with you, even if you do root for D.C. We’ve had a lot of laughs and I’m glad we got to work in house together. Good luck as sports editor!

Chase: I admire your ability to stay calm amid the craziness of Photo. You’ve really helped the paper visually and I can’t wait to see what Photo looks like next year.

Ankur: I always looked forward to when you designed News. Enjoy your senior year!

Lizzie and Beth: I’m glad I no longer know you guys as just “Casey’s friends.” Let’s hang out more.

Michelle: Thanks for saving News by doing all of those last-minute stories. Good luck with everything next year.

Cheryl: From graphics to copy to courts reporter, you just do it all. It’s been fun getting to know you.

Becca: What am I going to do with you? Thanks for all of the laughs and for putting up with my sass.

Professor Lloyd: Your encouragement means a lot. Thanks for listening.

Jill, Sarah, Kelsey, Devon, Meredith, Kris, Alex, Andrew: You guys are the best friends I could ask for. Thanks for putting up with my Bruce Springsteen obsession, D.O.-related rants, breaking news jaunts and, most of all, for always being there for me. Let’s get down.