Pierce-Brewster, Walls dismissed from team for violation of team rules

Defensive end Markus Pierce-Brewster and defensive tackle Davon Walls have both been dismissed from the Syracuse football team for a violation of team rules, SU Athletics announced in a press release Wednesday.

The defensive linemen were arrested on charges of burglarizing South Campus apartments on Feb. 23. Both were charged with second-degree burglary and petit larceny after allegedly burglarizing an apartment on the 400 block of Winding Ridge Road while the residents were sleeping, according to court documents. They were accused of stealing a flat-screen television, an Xbox gaming system, two iPods and Xbox games, worth a total of approximately $950.

Pierce-Brewster, a junior, recorded 30 total tackles in 12 games last season, his first with the Orange after transferring from the City College of San Francisco. He added eight tackles for a loss and one sack and was expected to be a major contributor in the Syracuse defense’s front seven. Walls, also a junior, played in three games last season after transferring from Coahoma Community (Miss.) College, but didn’t record any tackles.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »