University Union

Ke$ha to headline Block Party April 26

Pop star Ke$ha will headline Block Party, scheduled for April 26 in the Carrier Dome. University Union hopes to announce the concert’s opener within “a week or two,” said UU Concert Director Kelly Benini.

The pop artist behind mega-hits like “Tik Tok,” “We R Who We R” and “Die Young” earned the highest number of votes on UU’s Block Party student survey. The Dome’s doors are slated to open at 6:30 p.m. for the show.

“It’s important that we’re diversifying our programming,” Benini said about bringing a pop act back for Block Party, “but she definitely has crossover appeal for fans of other genres.”

Benini also said Block Party’s opener will add diversity to the concert bill.

“It’s not just going to be a straight pop show,” she said.

An online-only student ticket presale will begin Tuesday at 10 a.m., and tickets cost $15 for students. Full-time Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students will be emailed a direct link and instructions for purchasing tickets on Monday. A limited number of student tickets will be made available at the Schine Box Office starting at noon on Friday.

Ticket sales for the general public start Friday at 10 a.m., both online and at the Dome Box Office. General admission tickets start at $40.

Benini said between a new show on MTV and the success of her latest album, “Warrior,” Ke$ha’s popularity is at an all-time high. The longtime Dr. Luke collaborator has notched two top-10 charting albums since debuting with her freshman album “Animal” in 2010.

Ke$ha’s Block Party performance comes a few weeks before a co-headlining North American tour with rapper Pitbull, and Benini anticipates a big show from the songstress.

Said Benini: “She really encompasses the day. It’s going to be a spectacle.”

• june

From Kaskade to Kesha.. wow SU really dropped the ball here to “diversify”

• http://www.facebook.com/sclub7power Joshua Howard

I’m most differently going to see Ke$ha that is for sure, she is my number 1 along with S CLUB 7, she rocks this world

• oifjrojoefroj

“Diversity” is good, who cares about standards? – SU Logic

• http://twitter.com/Jcosco Joey Cosco

Im amped for Ke$ha and I don’t even care. I don’t need you or your brand new Benz.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »