Former SU athletics employee Springfield absent from hearing; case adjourned for March 25

The former media director for the Syracuse University athletics department accused of secretly videotaping male athletes in locker rooms did not attend a scheduled court hearing Friday.

Roger Springfield, who served as SU’s Athletics director of media production, was slated to appear in front of Judge Thomas Miller Friday morning at 9:30 a.m. By 11 a.m., neither Springfield nor his attorney were present, leaving Miller to adjourn the case for March 25. Springfield was fired from the university in December.

Springfield, whose legal name is Roger Cahak, is charged with four counts of unlawful surveillance for separate locker room recordings of the men’s football, lacrosse and soccer teams between 2010 and 2012.

Springfield’s lawyer, James McGraw previously said he doesn’t believe Springfield will be convicted of the charges and that there is no evidence of “sexual misbehavior or anything else.”

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »