Pulp

APPreciation: Tip Master Tip Calculator

During Spring Break, there will probably be many group dates out to favorite bars and restaurants. However, there’s always that dreaded moment when finishing a meal: figuring out the tip.

Fortunately, there’s usually someone in the group that’s pretty good with numbers, but there’s always the possibility that you could be sitting with the bill, stuck with trying to split the tip of a meal that costs some arbitrary number like $183.17.

Never fear, because Tip Master Tip Calculator is not only a calculator, but is designed to mediate this exact problem. You won’t have to make the waiter check your table three times before figuring out the math of the meal.

Tip Master, created by Roman Mbwasi, is a sleek way to figure out the bill with a variety of options and customizations. Punch in the price of your meal, then the percentage of the tip you want – or pick 15, 20 or 25 percent. It also lets you calculate the bill and tip depending on how many people are paying for the meal. It says what each person should pay, tip and bill.

The application also allows you to figure out whether you will round the total bill, so each person can pay an easier amount. You can also do this for the tip as well, then round the tip.

There’s a customizable element to the app as well. Don’t want to waste time putting in the specific amount of tip you want to calculate? You can save up to three different percentages.

No matter the venue, being able to calculate tip quickly and painlessly will not only make your waiter happy, but will allow you and your gang to have the rest of the night on the town. It’s almost Spring Break after all — do you really want to do math?