Syracuse locking up commitments on National Signing Day

It’s still early on National Signing Day, but Syracuse has already locked up a bunch of  commitments this morning, including quarterbacks Austin Wilson and Mitch Kimble.

Here’s the list of players who have sent in their Letters of Intent so far today:

Aaron Batten, TE

Corey Cooper, WR

Alex Hayes, OL

Isaiah Johnson, DL

Mitch Kimble, QB

Chauncey Scissum, DB

Austin Wilson, QB

Corey Winfield, WR

Offensive coordinator George McDonald tweeted about some of SU’s new players on Wednesday.

Syracuse has also has a group of players from its Class of 2013 who transferrer from junior colleges or are early enrollees. They include:

Josh Kirkland, LB

Darius Kelly, S

John Miller, OL

Jonathan Burton, OL

Trevon Trejo, DE

Wayne Williams, DT

Luke Arciniega, LB

One player who hasn’t yet signed his letter is defensive end Malik Brown from Dwyer High School in Florida. Brown, who has a two-star rating from Scout.com, is also weighing offers from Tennessee and South Florida. Volunteers head coach Butch Jones and three of his assistant coaches made an in-home visit to Brown last week.

Brown committed to Syracuse back in December, but started listening to offers from other schools when Doug Marrone left the Orange for the Buffalo Bills.

Brown will make his decision and sign his Letter of Intent at noon.

UPDATE: Tight end Tyler Provo, from American Heritage High School in Delray Beach, Fla., has sent in his Letter of Intent. Provo, the younger brother of former Syracuse tight end Nick Provo, became the first member of the Orange’s Class of 2013 when he committed to Syracuse last May.

Provo is rated a three-star recruit by Scout.com.

UPDATE: Kendall Moore, an offensive lineman from Simeon High School in Illinois, and Wayne Williams, a defensive lineman from ASA College in Brooklyn, have sent in their Letters of Intent.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound Moore committed to Syracuse last night. He originally committed to Western Michigan, but flipped his commitment to join Scott Shafer and the Orange. Moore is rated a three-star recruit by Scout.com.

Williams, a 6-foot-3, 335-pound defensive tackle, attended Abraham Lincoln High School in Brooklyn before going to ASA College.

UPDATE: Malik Brown flipped his commitment from Syracuse to Tennessee. The three-star defensive end/linebacker made his decision at a press conference at his high school. Losing Brown is a big hit for Syracuse, but apparently Butch Jones and the Volunteers’ assistant coaches who visited him last week made a nice pitch.

UPDATE: With the signing of linebacker Marqez Hodge, Syracuse’s recruiting class is up to 18. Hodge, a three-star recruit out of Miami Central High School, committed to the Orange back in June.

Scott Shafer will address the media and discuss Syracuse’s recruiting class at 3:45 p.m. Check back for updates and continuing coverage of National Signing Day.