University Union

Jukebox the Ghost to headline Bandersnatch Music Series concert March 19

Pop-rock band Jukebox the Ghost will headline University Union’s first Bandersnatch Music Series concert of the semester in the Schine Underground on Tuesday, March 19. The opener for the pop-rockers will be announced at a later date.

Doors to the show will open at 7:30 p.m. and the opener goes onstage at 8 p.m. Tickets go on sale Monday at the Schine Box Office and cost $5 for all Syracuse University and State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry students and staff with valid ID. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday, Feb. 18 for $8 a ticket.

“Booking Jukebox the Ghost was really a no-brainer,” said Bandersnatch Co-President Jeremy Strege, who booked the show. “They have a fun sound that’ll be sure to make it a great night.”

Jukebox the Ghost, a Brooklyn, N.Y., three-piece band, has toured extensively since 2006, playing shows with Ben Folds and Jack’s Mannequin. The group released its latest album, “Safe Travels,” last summer, earning positive reviews from The Washington Post and Spin magazine.

“I think having a rock band in a place like the Schine Underground really gives people an experience they can’t get elsewhere,” Strege said. “Especially with a band of this caliber, it’s rare that you see that kind of intimacy.”

Strege said he thinks the band’s upbeat, catchy tunes will make the concert a memorable one.

Said Strege: “I think we’ve really lucked out.”