Marrone interviews for Buffalo Bills’ head coaching position Friday, according to report

UPDATED: Jan. 5, 2013, 1:49 a.m.

Doug Marrone interviewed for the Buffalo Bills head coaching job Friday, continuing a week of buzz circling around the Syracuse head coach and his NFL head coaching opportunities.

The Buffalo Bills’ website, buffalobills.com, reported Marrone interviewed with the Bills Friday.

The news confirmed a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer Browns beat writer Mary Kay Cabot earlier Friday that Marrone would interview for the Bills job. It followed a Friday in which first Marrone was supposedly staying put before reports came out that he could be poised to still join the NFL ranks.

Marrone was scheduled to speak with the Cleveland Browns Thursday, ESPN reported.

That tweet came after Syracuse football fans were likely breathing a sign of relief for a few moments Friday morning. Tom Withers, a sports writer for the Associated Press, tweeted Marrone was not leaving SU.

Marrone’s name was listed among potential NFL head coaching candidates late in the season, as Syracuse finished its season by winning six of its last seven games. Marrone is 25-25 in four seasons at Syracuse, winning two bowl games.

Back of the pack

None of the Orange's running backs have crossed the goal line since the season opener. They hope to change that against N.C. State on Saturday. Read more »

The Quiet Corner

Brandon Reddish doesn't say much. He doesn't like to and he doesn't need to. The Syracuse cornerback leads an Orange secondary that's held opponents to 197.6 passing yards per game. Read more »